Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you tip the owner of a hairdressing salon?

My hairdresser just opened her own ';upscale'; salon. She previously worked at other salons where she rented space and earned a commission. Now that she is the owner, do I still tip her? She collects rent from other hairdressers that rent her space.Do you tip the owner of a hairdressing salon?
no you do not tip the owner but if u want to thats up to you.Do you tip the owner of a hairdressing salon?
When my hairdresser worked out of her house, she told me not to tip her. She owns her salon, and I tip her now.





FYI - my friend owns a bar, and he used to bartend until the customer found out he was the owner and stopped tipping him. We perceive the owner as getting a bigger slice of the pie, and therefore doesn't ';need'; the tip money.
If she is still doing your hair, yes, you tip her.
Yes, I do.


You should too, especially since she just opened a new salon she has many expenses and overhead.
Yes - she is providing you a service.
If she worked on your hair yes.
if she does your hair then you tip her, if she has other stylist and they do it then you tip only the person who does your hair.
I would if she did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment