Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do i need to open my own salon?

Hello





How are you?





I am planning to open a beauty salon and I am not sure really what do I need to complete to open one.


Well my plan is to finish some training in facials, body treatment and waxing. What I really want to concentrate is on make-up. As an owner of a solon it would be nice to know how to do more than just make-up.


Now is it possible you can give me some advice and answer some of my questions, I would really appreciate it. My solon will offer, nail treatment, facials, waxing, hair, body treatment and tanning.





1. Can I just open a salon with no experience in facials, but with license?


2. I will rent 2 chairs for hair dressers, how much should I charge?


3. Do you think it is a good idea to open one?


4. Do you think it is better to rent a chair or commission?





Please if you have more tips for me let me know I would really appreciate your advice. And if there鈥檚 something else I should know about?





Thank youWhat do i need to open my own salon?
You really need to provide a lot more info before anybody will really be able to give you advice on how to help.


1. Yes, you can open a salon with a license and no experience, but if you lose an esthetician are you going to be comfortable filling in until you find a replacement and most of the time make-up is a complimentary service so it may be difficult to draw a salary.


2. I rented my chair for years and paid anywhere from $150 a week to $275 a week, it depends on your area and how upscale you enviroment is.


3. Salon owners usually only see about a 5% profit of the entire salon revenues, it takes a lot of hard work and a GREAT reputation to make a salon self-sufficient (not having to rely on working on clients to draw a paycheck) It can be a great idea, but you will have to work on clients to draw a paycheck for yourself and cover other salon expenses for a while.


4. Renting chairs is a safer bet in the beginning, you will get established people with clients coming into your business and during the slower seasons you will still have income. But the potential for bigger profit is in paying commission. I'd probably start out with booth rental and as the business grows, start hiring commission paid employees.





You will also have to maintain malpractice insurance and make sure that anyone that rents from you has their own. I would check on the price of that in your area before doing anything else, its not always easy for individuals to get their own malpractice insurance and not all companies want to extend coverage to contracted employees.What do i need to open my own salon?
Congratulations! It is a good idea.


Without the know-how, this will be difficult. You should complete some courses at first, so you know how to handle your staff and products.





1. Yes. Unless your country says so.


2. rent depends on your country.


3. Yes.


4. If I understand, get trained hairdressers on whatever terms. As a start, you need to establish a good reputation.





Initially spend on a good, trained and experienced beautician. You too will learn from her. You just run the place and keep an eye on everything and help when needed.


Get in touch with name brands who may sponsor many things. So you will get additional help.


Keep everything very neat and clean.





Wish you the best.
well opening a business could be good and sometimes bad there's a lot of planning to do first.......


* find the right location down time


* the services u offer u would not make a huge profit if u just do make up and facial alone because not every one wants that service so u need to do a mixture of it like hair washing and treating, style, makeup etc. cause i dont think u want to but out more than u bring in at month to pay the rent


* keep the building small until u can afford to move bigger


* buy in bulk it will be much cheaper


* get a small business loan from a bank an buy all the important things u want like chairs, tables etc... instead of renting when u can get ur own cause if u rent it will come up to the same price u can buy it for


* you will need worker start with 1 or 2 in the beginning than when the business expand u hire more


* advertising do it through posters, newspapers, radio so a lot of people will get to know the business more and what u have to offer


* sample and coupons always to the trick


last but not least ..... service always have a smile on your face and have a television, a mini fridge or coffee they so customers can buy be occupied and not bored while while for there turn


good luck hope i helped a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment